Friday, March 18, 2011

Vlogging

To vlog or not to vlog...that is not the question. The question is how to vlog, what to vlog and where to vlog. I'm gonna vlog! It's official. And all from a one hour conversation with my BFF Kendal's husband last night at a St.Patrick's Day party. Granted we had drinks in hand and funny hats on our heads but Patrick knows my background in entertainment, reads alot about the next best thing and works for Amazon (was formerly with Microsoft) and is an artist himself. He's got my back, in other words, and I trust him.
At this point are you still wondering what Vlogging is? It's video blogging and Pat recommended I video blog my book on youtube. Or tell my story of how I adopted in Taiwan..short bursts of a one sided conversation, released every few days. I gotta research this more BUT I'm jazzed about vlogging because I love to perform in front of a camera. I don't like watching the play back but love to perform. So much so that in my new career as a writer I'm now going to teach other writers how to be confident when they creep out from behind their computers to meet their public. It's called "Channeling Your Inner Rock Star".
Anyhow, Vlogging is the next best thing and I'm going to ride that dragon soon. I just have to figure out how to focus my $4.99 camera from China and get a big ole piece of black cardboard behind me to hide the mess in this office. Oh and convince the 3 others in this office to be quiet when I vlog. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment