Friday, January 13, 2017

Kim Goes to Maui

Yesterday I talked non-stop from 7 AM to noon. I paused to see if my traveling companion wanted to add anything and occasionally she did say a bit, only to have me launch another stream of conscious thought her way. I was excited, you see.
I haven't been to Maui in awhile and it is my happy place. My kuleana as they say here to mean it's my thing. I lived on Maui for over a decade in the eighties and nineties and couldn't wait to touch my flip flops to that red sand dirt again.
Here's my first day in a nutshell, point form because, hey, I'm on Maui and I need to get out there and go scuba diving!

Day One:

-Joined the long line of tourist rental cars at the airport and headed for Lahaina
-Saw Humpback Whales blow off Olowalu
-Bought essentials at Lahaina Safeway like Kona coffee $3.99 a bag! and brie and rice crackers, olives and papayas
-Also bought choc covered mac nuts for my event at Barnes & Noble Saturday
-Drove north to Lynn's where she'd gone to work but her dog greeted us with growls (he never remembers me)

-Fed the dog, Spencer, chicken, while we gorged on pupu's/appetizers on the deck and soaked up some Maui sunshine
-Ended up at Kapalua Bay to swim while Eliza snorkeled and saw her first octopus-she was thrilled!
-Went back to Lynn's, got Spencer, walked him on the golf course near the Ritz after sunset and pointed out The Ridge and Ironwood Beach to Eliza who just finished reading Girl of his Dream.
-Donned our Love and Mangoes jewelry and drove to Kaanapali Beach Hotel to say hi to Lynn at the
Tikki Bar and ate a scrumptious pizza of pesto and veggies while nursing a Mai Tai
-Took Spencer on a walk throught the KBH grounds to sneak a peak at his cocktail waitress Mama at work, Of course he howled and all bar patrons looked over but that's ok, Lynn's worked there for 25 years and everyone knows she's cuckoo for her dog.

-Bed at 11 Maui time. Happily exhausted...


Kim Hornsby is the Author of Award-Winning The Dream Jumper's Promise available on Amazon Books. She is a Bestselling Supernatural Suspense Author who lives in the Seattle area where she writes during the rainy months.

No comments:

Post a Comment