Saturday, August 5, 2023

DAY 9 in the CAN - Bye River!

 We are all finished shooting footage on the river and I'm sad. That was definitely my happy place but I think our director/filmmaker would say it was his stressful place!

Today is an off day for most. I'm knee deep in paperwork having just finished the application to film at a waterfall on forest service land which took a month to get (the application) and three hours to fill out!

Next, I'm off to scout for Native art to stage Nick's house on Monday. We found a fantastic place belonging to a nice man named Dave, that overlooks the river we've been filming on. His deck hangs almost over the river and we figure our handsome river guide, Nick, would own such a house. 

Yesterday's filming was really productive with our dedicated cast and crew working very hard all day. Seyka, the puppy, is becoming the best little actress, next to Amy who plays Grace in the movie. Seyka had a gorgeous scene where Grace carries her across an abandoned train track over the river and some video I saw of this scene last night brought tears to my eyes it was so beautifully filmed. 

Follow this blog and I'll keep uploading more photos but in the meantime, we found a bus that had appropriate lettering at the rafting launch parking lot yesterday and ran in to take a crew shot!











No comments:

Post a Comment