Monday, April 1, 2013

I am Not a Team Player/Blogger

Firstly, let me say I'm sorry. I am not a social blogger. At all. I want to be but I'm not. I actually get gaggy when I visit other blogs. Aren't we just supposed to spew on our own, like it's therapy? As a writer, it's almost socially expected to visit around, comment, invite people over for guest posts. I'm not sure I like this or, more to the point, can do this for years on end.
I just want to spew my thoughts on my own blog. Like this. Write to my heart's content and not worry if anyone is reading. This is how Blogging works great for me. If someone reads, then fine. But typing my thoughts like this is all I want. To invite others to this site isn't what I envisioned when I signed up to blog. As someone who loves the sound of their own voice on paper, I just want this. To narcissistically spew. How do you spell that MOFO anyhow? People who host authors every few days probably have ice buckets handy in their own homes and entertain a lot. I admire them but I can't do it.
So, do not look for interesting guests here anytime soon. This is my place. I don't invite people over. It isn't that it's too messy but this is where I go to get away from the social media expectations. It' s like my backyard tree fort except I'm 55 years old and expected to have a semblance of maturity in the real house.
I do go occasionally to the neighbor's to guest blog. I must admit, it's not terrible but I can't wait to get back to my place afterwards. The couches aren't as comfy, the snacks aren't as good, it' s not my home and I can't stay long.
Just now, I went to comment on someone's blog who I know through writing, someone I genuinely wanted to support, then ran back to my own blog to write this. I am not a wanderer when it comes to blogging. And I'm not much of a team player when it comes to tweeting other people's plugs for their books. Especially if I haven't read them. I'm sorry. I do it anyhow. I try but it's hard to blindly offer my valued opinion. I wasn't much for baseball either. I was a tennis player. That probably says it all.
So if you want to blog over here, (and you probably don't now that I've admitted this) I'm not sure I can open the door for you. Very few even come down this street or walk by this house so I doubt it's worth it. For me this blog is wonderful because I just type away knowing no one really reads it. And that's what I love about my blog.
Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment