Thursday, March 28, 2013

Inception Meets Maui Meets Award Season

My first published novel, The Dream Jumper's Promise, (look to your right) is nominated for Best Indie First Book by the readers associated with Indie Romance Convention. I'm touched that somebody or somebodies nominated my lil ole book. Of course I think it's an awesome read full of twists and surprises and has one of the best love stories ever, but then I wrote it. 60 Reviews with 4.5 stars out of 5 is really good, I think, and I'm thrilled to be able to say it's nominated for something. But then, if you know me, you also know that I am no stranger to self promotion. As an actress and singer for almost 30 years, I don't have any problem telling people I'm amazingly fantastic because if I don't believe it, no one else will.
Back to me and my award:
http://indieromanceconvention.blogspot.com/2013/03/
This is the link to vote but unfortunately I am not tech savvy enough to know how to insert a real link into my blog to instantly transport you to this page. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I need to get successful enough to warrant a secretary/computer genius person. Maybe if I win this award on Monday...
I'm proud of my book and how hard it's working to reach its readers who I believe are middle aged women who love Hawaii and eat pasta on Thursday with a fork and spoon. However, I've found that men like the story too and so now I'm not sure who wants to read it the most. The novel has a mystery that satisfies the curious mind, a tropical setting that will have you smelling the plumeria and feeling the warm trade wind on your face, and a romance that will have you puckering up without realizing it as you read about Jamey and Tina (and Noble).
If you like reading, and don't mind paying 99 cents for several days worth of quality entertainment, click on the book cover to the right, buy my book, read it and vote for me on Monday. And while you're at it, go ahead and write me a nice review (see my blog on how to write a review) on Amazon and then go ahead and buy my other book Necessary Detour. If you like that one, I'll redirect you to my novella that is a lot like being on The Bachelor. According to my reviews it's really 'cute'.
Both The Dream Jumper's Promise and Necessary Detour will be available in print next week for those of you who appreciate holding the printed version in your hands. I know I do.
Anyone who likes my books will be happy to know that the second Dream Jumper novel is plotted and will be out this summer. It's set in Nicaragua.
Happy Reading!
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment