Thursday, July 27, 2023

Day 2 of Filming BRAVING RAPIDS

 We are on Day 2 of filming this movie, doing inside the house shots of the family getting ready to leave on the rafting trip. Today is just Grace and her mom, Marka, lightning outside the window (in 88 degree sunshine here in Orem, Utah), Grace waking from a nightmare.

So much of filmmaking is prep, setting up the shot, rehearsing lines, blocking, waiting. As a producer, I have specific duties I've assumed and often Melanie and I confer on who will take care of what. We also have an awesome PA on set, Ford, who will do anything and everything. Yesterday he did the breakfast scene dishes where Marka makes pancakes for her kids!

I've set up an office in my bedroom which is across the hall from the scenes being filmed today in the little girl's bedroom during the thunder storm. I share this room with Hair and Makeup, today, a lovely person named Courtney who looks like a young Siena Miller. Soon, I'll head out to pick up El Pollo Loco for lunch for everyone. I'm online scouting weather, magnetic truck signs, food, where to find this and that.

The two actresses on call today are crushing every take, doing their jobs like the pros they are. Amazing. While watching the scene of the mom telling the little girl how she flew to Taiwan to find her baby, I had to tear up an hour ago. The words were exactly mine uttered to my  daughter who used to love hearing me tell the story of her adoption. It was a moving moment for me.

I'm taking tons of photos and videos of those backstage moments and will upload them as soon as I can. In the meantime, enjoy these...










No comments:

Post a Comment