Friday, January 27, 2017

Thomas and Mercer Imprint Can Contact me Now
















I'm sitting at my desk waiting to be discovered by Thomas and Mercer, Montlake, or Lake Union Publishing at Amazon.




If you are an acquisitions editor over there, I invite you to take a look at my body of work. You can have any or all of my books except NECESSARY DETOUR which is already with Amazon Encore and is on Amazon Prime right now.
Amazon already owns that one and it is doing very well this month, having reached #55 in Paid Kindle last week.

Prime Rocks!

I drift in and out of having an author ranking, which is fun.

I just spent the day making a list of agents that might be interested in my next novel FORTUNE, the story of a diminished woman who finds redemption and worth through the adoption of a handicapped newborn in Taiwan. It is a Suspense in the sense that The Husband's Secret and The Girl Who Wrote in Silk were Suspense. Upmarket Women's Fiction, Suspense, Romance, they all work.

As an author, I'm unrepresented by an agent but am open to representation. I tried to get an agent years ago, gave up and self-published (not my idea of optimal) and figure I've spent about 27 solid weeks of my life querying agents. Maybe more, but I've come to the realization that it must be REALLY hard to take a chance on a new client and most agents are not that adventurous.

Or I'm a crappy writer.

But, if it was the latter, why would I have 155 reviews on NECESSARY DETOUR at 4.5* and 3334 reviews on The DREAM JUMPER'S PROMISE at 4.6*? And why would TDJP be an Amazon Bestseller up there with Dr. Sleep by King for weeks?

There is a market for my style and level of writing. Numbers don't lie.
The Dream Jumper's Promise in  4th place (with the BLUE book cover - not the final cover) just behind Dr. Sleep.
The average 40 year-old woman likes my stories if they discover me. Very few readers give my books a bad review. Oh, except for the gal who wrote "The couple was so horny!" She gave me a 2* review for the sequel to PROMISE. That one has 59 reviews at 4.6*. Best worst review EVER!


The final cover to The Dream Jumper's Promise
just under Stephen King's Dr. Sleep (again)
I just read a blog by a gal who got an email from a senior acquisitions editor at Lake Union, Jodi Warshaw, saying they were interested in her self-published novel. They cleaned it up and republished her book and now it's doing better than ever. How thrilling!

I'm open to that kind of attention for any of my books except Necessary Detour which is owned by Amazon already (twice now, I've said this to show that someone over there at Amazon likes my work.)

I looked up how to submit to Thomas & Mercer but there is no information online. Apparently, the various Amazon Imprints must contact you, you don't query them. I suppose agents contact them but they do not take unsolicited queries. I can understand this. They are busy people, vetting the queries through agents. I understand it, but I don't like it. I need an agent too.

So, in a total self-promotional moment, I'm going to list some of my brag-worthy stuff if anyone reading this is an acquisitions editor at Amazon, or a really good agent for what I write.
The Dream Jumper's Promise










Book Signing Event at B & N Maui, Author David Schoonover attended!


I'm standing by now for my dream agent or an acquisitions editor to contact me.

Feel free to check me out on Amazon over here.
Then email me at kimhornsby @ yahoo .com to talk about acquiring something or representing me.

Kim Hornsby is the Author of Award-Winning The Dream Jumper's Promise available on Amazon Books. She is a Bestselling Supernatural Suspense Author who lives in the Seattle area where she writes during the rainy months.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Kim, what a terrific story. It sounds very much like mine. Three terrific mystery thrillers all with excellent numbers of reviews and ratings, national book award winners, etc. But no agent either. Very difficult to get one's attention, no matter how many I write to. But, like you, I will keep on writing as I complete my fourth mystery thriller. Glad to hear I'm not the only one hoping out there. www.julienayotte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One evening, i was reading a blog of how so many people got this blank card online when i was trying to search for a new job, but it didn't seem clear to me so i ignored. Three days later, i was so surprised to see a comment by my cousin on how he got the blank card worth Thousand Dollars and without hesitation i gave him a call to come over to the house to tell me more about the card and he told me that its a miracle that i needed to per-take. He gave me the email address of the hackers and i contact them ( WhatsApp: +18033921735 ) for the card and they responded and told me all the procedures and terms of the card which was also what my cousin told me, i agreed and completed their requirement to get the card. Four days later, i heard knock on my door an behold was the courier agent who brought the parcel to my house and today i am rich and i thank God to this hackers and to my cousin brother who lead me to them. It might sounds odd but you can get yours via email: darkwebcyberhackers@gmail.com OR darkwebcyberhackers@yahoo.com or WhatsApp: +18033921735

      Delete
  2. One evening, i was reading a blog of how so many people got this blank card online when i was trying to search for a new job, but it didn't seem clear to me so i ignored. Three days later, i was so surprised to see a comment by my cousin on how he got the blank card worth Thousand Dollars and without hesitation i gave him a call to come over to the house to tell me more about the card and he told me that its a miracle that i needed to per-take. He gave me the email address of the hackers and i contact them ( WhatsApp: +18033921735 ) for the card and they responded and told me all the procedures and terms of the card which was also what my cousin told me, i agreed and completed their requirement to get the card. Four days later, i heard knock on my door an behold was the courier agent who brought the parcel to my house and today i am rich and i thank God to this hackers and to my cousin brother who lead me to them. It might sounds odd but you can get yours via email: darkwebcyberhackers@gmail.com OR darkwebcyberhackers@yahoo.com or WhatsApp: +18033921735

    ReplyDelete